I just got home from Yoga class.
That’s right… I, Alex Krotz, am taking a yoga class.
Today week was my second week of an 8 week program that I go to each Tuesday. It is a small class, no more then 4 of us each week it seems, but this proves to be very useful because our teacher (who is fantastic) knows us each by name, and can help us work on our poses individually, while not slowing down the whole class.
This class is specifically designed for people like me, the name says it all. It’s called.. “Yoga4StiffGuys”.
Can you see why I enrolled? I saw and decided that I should finally give it a try. I have never done yoga before in my life, but all I hear are extremly positive things and everyone that I know that has done it, keeps doing it and loves it. As soon as I mentioned it to a friend of mine, he reviled that he’s been doing it for over 10 years now, almost every day!
So far, after just 2 classes, and doing yoga a total of 3 times (I had 1 warm-up attempt in the park before my first class, which was mostly me getting twisted and turned and falling over) I am so far very much liking it.
Over the next 2 months of my class, I want to:
- Work the practive of yoga into my daily life (a couple times a week maybe?) to help with meditating and relaxing
- Have yoga aid with my overal body stiffness (since I am less flexible then a 2×4)
- Mediate more in general and take more time, (even half an hour) to myself to help organize my thoughts. It always helps, I just need to make more effort to make it happen.
- Have this aid my posture and my writs, since I sit on a computer almost all day, I really need help with this before it bites me down the road.
- Use this a kickstarter for some other healthy things in my life, including eating habits and schedualing of healthy activites.
- Make sure I take time to myself, not with my computer, not with work, but for myself, for my brain, and maybe for a good fiction book.
There are some goals in there, as well as hopes for what yoga will do for me.
I love hearing what yoga has done for other people in their lives, and if you feel better because of it. I cant wait to share my disoveries as I continue this class.
Also, now I’m being held accountable for sticking to this class now that it’s in writing.
Till next time, always be creating.